SAo BrAs Golf Society - Constitution
- The season of golf events will run from November of one year until October of the next. Likewise, membership to the society will also run for the same period of time after which members must reapply for the following period.
- Pricing of the membership fee for the next season will be set and advertised to the current membership by the incumbent committee at least 3 months prior to the end of the current season.
- The Committee shall be made of up of a minimum of
- Committee Positions to be valid for one season and elections for the following season to take place a minimum of 3 months prior to the end of the current season. The exception to this is the Captain who will normally be succeeded by the Vice-Captain.
- Membership Fee for season 2014-2015 is €50. New members may apply for membership at any time of the year but there will be no apportionment for part-year membership.
- New members who do not have an existing, valid, golf handicap will initially play as a "guest" until they have entered 3 cards of 18 holes from which a playing handicap will be calculated. They will then become full “Member”. Qualifying rounds can be either the monthly society events or rounds played privately with a member of the society but at least one of the qualifying round must be played with a member of the committee.
- Events will be organised throughout the season at which members, their guests and new members developing qualification cards (See section on New Members), will be eligible to play. Competition prizes, where applicable, will only be available to current, full, members. Competitions that encompass all or part of the playing season, i.e. Player-Of-The-Year may have specific, additional, regulations for qualification.
- Monthly competitions will normally be a "Stableford" event with a prizes for the winner, nearest the pin and longest drive.
- Annual competitions will be:
- Player-Of-The-Year. Calculated for each member from their best 8 stableford scores of the season. Players without 8 cards will not qualify
- Best aggregate Par3s. Same calculation and qualification as above
- Best aggregate Par5s. Same calculation and qualification as above
- Event Registration and De-Registration will be done through the facilities provided on the web site. Members may register for events anytime up until the day before the event so long as there are tee-times available. When the event is full the event link on the web site will show this and members wishing to play will be requested to contact the Secretary.
De-Registration can also be done via the web site but this is only possible up to two (2) days prior to the event. Withdrawals after this time must be done by directly contacting the Secretary and the members may still be required to pay a green fee.
- Standard Rules of Golf will be used for every game, unless otherwise notified in advance. However, we have adopted some, society-specific adaption's, that we feel will help to keep our game flowing. These exceptions will always be noted here.
- Lost Ball. When a ball cannot be found, rather than go back to play another from the original spot, play as though the ball had entered a water hazard. That is, take a penalty and play from spot anywhere back along a line from the agreed point of entry away from the hole.
- Out Of Bounds. If on sstriking the ball it is obvious it has gone out of bounds then the player shall, for a penalty stroke, play another ball from the same spot. If it is only when the player arrives at the balls location that is becomes apparent the ball has gone out of bounds then, rather than go back to play another ball from the original spot, for 2 penalty strokes, the player may play from a spot anywhere along a line back from the agreed point of entry to the out of bonds area, away from the hole.